Selling your boat can be simple and easy if you understand the buyers perspective. Statistics show that the top searches online are for Builder/Manufacturer, Year, Model and size and your listing on Boatmo.com is designed, optimized and formatted to take advantage of the top online searches. But, once they find your listing it is up to you to connect with the buyer in a way they can relate so you can sell any boat quickly.
Consider these top seven tips for selling your boat quickly.
1. Design a Catchy Description/Headings – Regardless if you are selling your boat online or in a newspaper, headlines sell. Most people only scan through those classified ads, so you need to grab their attention quick. Make your first words count buy listing the best features and lifestyle benefits.
2. Take High Quality Pictures – There is no reason not to have several high-quality images posted of your boat. The mobile phones of today have higher resolutions than many digital cameras. Include lots of pictures to give that potential buyer the chance to imagine they were actually there.
3. Competitive Pricing Sells – Just because you overpaid for your boat don’t think other buyers will. To see a boat quickly you have to do your homework and see what other sellers are getting for similar boats. Price to sell either at or just below those prices for a quick deal.
4. Clean That Boat – Don’t take pictures of the boat or show it right after you got back from a weekend fishing trip with your buddies. No one wants to see a dirty boat, clean up the outside, remove all that clutter, polish all the chrome, and make it look like it was brand new all over again.
5. Offer the Trailer – Many new boat owners do not have a boat trailer, so make them an offer they can not refuse. let them know if they buy your boat, you will include the trailer for a steal. Talk up the benefits of the trailer and how the boat fits perfectly on it. Sell as a package deal!
6. Be As Specific As Possible – Boat owners want the facts, so include all receipts or details about any changes that were made to your boat. If you upgraded the motors, the instrument panel, added stereo system, refinished the hull, or installed GPS, document everything with details.
7. Schedule Test Drives – If you want to sell your boat fast, schedule interested buyers on the same day at different times, and take them out for a few minutes to open her up. The combination of being on the water and the thought of another buyer seeing the boat will help sell it fast.
Now you have some helpful information for selling your boat quickly.