52 : Beneteau 523 : 2008
Only 523 model available on the West Coast!
Possible end tie slip transferable in Marina del Rey!
- Raymarine: GPS, AIS, Radar, & Autopilot
- Layout: 3 Cabins & 3 Heads
- Yanmar Engine: 254 hours, Recent Service: Oct. 2016
- Onan Generator 11.5 kW
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- 3 Harken Electric Winches
- New Tall Mast & Standing Rigging – 2016
- Custom Designed Rudder for Better Handling
- Large Ullman Sail Inventory – Code 0, x2 Spinnakers, etc.
- Harken MKIV Furler w/ Removable Drum for Racing – 2017
- Custom Stainless Steel Bow Sprit
- Custom Carbon Spinnaker Pole – 2016
- AGM Batteries – maintenance free
- Recent Survey – August 2016
- Faired Race Bottom Paint
Description & History:
This Beneteau 523 was fully customized for blue water cruising and offshore racing. The previous owner spent a fortune preparing her for the famous Trans Pacific Yacht Race (Los Angeles to Hawaii) in summer 2015. Racing under the previous name “Transformer”, the owner and crew finished the race successfully!
The yacht later sold to her current owner, my father-in-law, and the growing family has enjoyed cruising her locally in Marina del Rey and to Catalina for the past year. Plans have now changed and it is time to sell.