1989 Irwin 54 Tall Rigged Cutter Three Stateroom ( Charter Version ), custom designed for our owner by Ted Irwin and was never chartered. The owner spent many enjoyable years of Bluewater sailing from the Mediterranean to US coastal waters and the Caribbean.
‘Egg Crate’ initially cruised the Mediterranean in the early 90s and after returning to US waters, explored every corner of the Caribbean, four months a year for the the past 20 years. Now ready for a new chapter, our original owner has put ‘Egg Crate’ on the market.
Presently, the vessel is in the latter stages of a major restoration to put her back in cruising condition . We are looking for her second owner to manage the finishing touches to complete the task and move aboard.
Current features include:
- 77HP Yanmar 4JH4TX2 w/ 700 HOURS (2013)
- Mase Generator w/ 265 hours (2014)
- NEW Wind Instruments ( ready for installation )
- Fresh Bottom ( Jan 2016)
- 10′ Caribe Tender w/ 20HP Yamaha 4-Stroke (2015)
- Spectra Water Maker
- Topside Brightwork refinished (2017)
- All interior exterior walls removed and replaced (2017)
- Ports and Hatches removed and reseated (2017)
She is a rare an ideal live-aboard and long range cruiser that could be ready to head back to the islands in short order. Given the current status, ‘Egg Crate’ is offered with an asking price well below market .. and the owner is motivated and looking for an offer.