Truly inspired updates and extensive renovations make this authentic downeast 1974 Penobscot classic Polaris a successful blend of experience, form, and function. Her hull and deck were completely and professionally fiberglassed in 2000 using the popular C -FLEX sheathing system, which involves layers of mat and woven glass saturated with Vinylester resin that bonds chemically and mechanically to the hull, achieving a smooth, watertight and durable finish. Her hull is faired perfectly and painted with Awlgrip products. She boasts new rub rails and toe rails of mahogany.
The quality of all this work is evident, and has resulted in an impressive, solid cruising yacht: attractive, dry and free of maintenance issues. This legendary 1974 Penobscot Fifty Fathom design is now fully modernized, easy to maintain, and will turn heads in any harbor.
- New John Deere 6068 TFM Electronic 200 HP diesel installed in 2009.
- Only 700 hours of engine run time.
- Efficient operation, Deere burns 3 gallons per hour at 2000 rpm, at a comfortable 9 knot cruise.
- Professional mechanical and electrical care throughout.
- 9 KW Onan generator installed new in 2009.
- Fuel tanks were replaced in 2009.
- Sensational pilothouse, well appointed with period details.
- Bow thruster.
- Choice electronics (owner is a professional in the marine electronics business)
- Fuel tanks changed in 1998
- Solar powered battery chargingSea Recovery 16 GPH Watermaker
- Isotherm refrigerator and freezer, stainless steel drawer model.
- Versatile and spacious mid-deck cockpit area
- Forepeak stateroom cabin with en-suite head.
- Main salon is aft and functions as a master cabin, salon, and library.
- Request Information Call Now